2013's

Thread: 2013's

2013's

I have been checking everyday at landrover.com USA to build a 2013, with no luck

My dealership says they can order a 2013 for me but don't have the price. I am reluctant as I wanted to try and negotiate the price with them. (was attempting to get $1500 under MSRP)

Well today I check Kelly blue book on the trade value of my car I am gonna probably sell to carmax, and I decided to check the price of a 2013 Evoque in Prestige with options like the new Black roof on the fuji white or for that matter any color and guess what-it prices out my vehicle for every option that is offered as of 7/5/12 (same date they released new option info)

MSRP is coming in $2000 less on 2013's vs 2012's when I build the vehicle on KBB.com

After applying all the options for a 2013 Prestige Fuji white
    with Satelite radio added and the new option of contrasting roof for $650 my Evoque prices out at $53795 or $53,145 without roof, which includes the added $850 delivery fe .vs $55145 for a 2012

thats $2,000 less

Please tell me I am doing nothing wrong...........I want to order and put deposit down tomorrow.

Over 400 views and not one response..........pathetic

There is no way it will be less than 2012.

4. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CASEY View Post
    There is no way it will be less than 2012.
    I believe most of the write ups and reviews from magazines have been positive with the exception of price. Why wouldn't they (Landrover) try to do this, why would Kelley Blue Book make a mistake about this? I can understand that the public is still building and pricing the vehicle so LandRover is in no hurry to publish, but they are making them now and to order a car without a price in hand is suspicious to me. I could be wrong, hoping I am right, but for someone who has just purchased knowing they are taking a 30+% depreciation the first year, a 5% reduction isn't or shouldn't be unheard of.

Why are others not building a 2012 on KBB.com and then build a 2013? Is this a computer software glitch? I don't think so.

Thanks for responding CASEY

I did a quick look at the 2012 Evoque configurator on Range Rover USA's website and one for the 2013 Evoque on AutomotibleMag and the 2013 is almost $800 more. I was looking at the pure coupe.
    That $800 more could also be a result of destination charges. But thats not to say it could very well be a jump in MSRP!

It would be great if the 2013 was less but I highly doubt it. I'm more interested in seeing if they change anything or fix any of the small issues that some people are having.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoque View Post
    I did a quick look at the 2012 Evoque configurator on Range Rover USA's website and one for the 2013 Evoque on AutomotibleMag and the 2013 is almost $800 more. I was looking at the pure coupe.
    That $800 more could also be a result of destination charges. But thats not to say it could very well be a jump in MSRP!
    Obviously your quick look was too quick and so was mine your right destination, probably destination charges which are $850

I checked KBB.com and they show prices for the pure coupe being identical at base MSRP $44,995 to the Newly named "Pure Plus Coupe" same price. My bad, I am in the market for a 5 door.

Then I checked your source automobile mag.com that when you check utility (meaning 5 door) 5 door on 2013's. The 5 door is 2k less showing $41,145 to 2012's $43,145
    So they concur with KBB

Quote Originally Posted by import_nation View Post
    It would be great if the 2013 was less but I highly doubt it. I'm more interested in seeing if they change anything or fix any of the small issues that some people are having.
    Always interested in changes for the better. And with experience from the 2012's hopefully they address the issues for the new models and the late 2012's being built. Sometimes fixes in production can be as simple as changing the torque specifications so a particular part does not fail under extreme use.

2013 will be worth it either way. Almost every new vehicle in it's first year of production has issues, even if it's a bit more in price, it won't make much of a difference to what you'll be paying monthly. I say go for the 2013!