Lousy Snow Handling... What could be the problem?
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Goldfive\r\n \r\n
\r\n Goldfive is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n Junior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Lousy Snow Handling... What could be the problem?\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n I\'ve owned a 2012 Dynamic for almost two years now, and I live in northern New Jersey. About a month after getting the Evoque, I had aftermarket rims and new tires mounted. I did copious amounts of research online to find a the best all season tires I could afford. I ended up settling on Continential ExtremeContact DWS which seemed to get good reviews everywhere.
\n
\nHowever, I\'ve experienced several instances this winter where the SUV lost its traction on a curve or even going straight, and I really thought I would end up crashing into a guardrail or telephone pole. I don\'t understand how others can have such positive snow driving experiences with these same tires.
\n
\nTraction-wise, they are fine when trying to get up a snow-covered hill or driveway, in concert with the Evoque\'s snow traction mode. But other in other instances, they lose grip and the car starts moving in a direction I dont intend it to. Very scary.
\n
\nIs it possible the tires are overinflated? I know they are not under inflated, because I dont get the TPMS message. I just cant for the life of me figure out why the snow handling is so awful.\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[82825] = "82825,82825"; pn[0] = ",82825"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[16858] = "Goldfive"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lousy Snow Handling... What could be the problem?

I've owned a 2012 Dynamic for almost two years now, and I live in northern New Jersey. About a month after getting the Evoque, I had aftermarket rims and new tires mounted. I did copious amounts of research online to find a the best all season tires I could afford. I ended up settling on Continential ExtremeContact DWS which seemed to get good reviews everywhere.

However, I've experienced several instances this winter where the SUV lost its traction on a curve or even going straight, and I really thought I would end up crashing into a guardrail or telephone pole. I don't understand how others can have such positive snow driving experiences with these same tires.

Traction-wise, they are fine when trying to get up a snow-covered hill or driveway, in concert with the Evoque's snow traction mode. But other in other instances, they lose grip and the car starts moving in a direction I dont intend it to. Very scary.

Is it possible the tires are overinflated? I know they are not under inflated, because I dont get the TPMS message. I just cant for the life of me figure out why the snow handling is so awful.