Discussion Thread: Range Rover Evoque vs Porsche Macan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Discussion Thread: Range Rover Evoque vs Porsche Macan

The upcoming Porsche Macan (previously rumored as the Porsche Cajun) will be the first real competitor for the Evoque. Porsche being a brand that use to only make sports cars has done really well with their first and only SUV, the Porsche Cayenne.

Does Porsche have what it takes to beat the Evoque?
    What will the Porsche Macan need to be as good or better?

Feel free to include official information, pictures, videos, specifications, etc to help compare the two.

Personally I don't think Porsche can make good SUVs. A SUV is meant to be able to handle rough terrain and be rugged. A porsche was never known to be good at any of those. I'd rather stick to a company like Land Rover when it comes to SUVs. Same goes for the BMW SUVs. Probably great cars but not very good for being an SUV.

I don't think Porsche can beat Range Rover/Land Rover at it's own game. Look how far Range Rovers and Land Rovers have come over the years. I'll give Porsche credit for building an SUV that a lot of people love, the Macan will be good, but not as good as the Evoque.

The Porsche Macan has a better chance competiting with SUV's like the BMW X3, Mercedes Benz GLK, Infiniti EX, etc

4. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForum.com
    Advertisements

Porsche has a standing chance but no where near where range rover is capable of.

I agree BMW and porsche go hand in hand Porsche and Range rover... ha goodluck

The porsche may have better quality materials for the interior but it won't beat the Range Rover in styling outside and inside. Mileage probably wont be as good either. And it'll probably cost more.

Here is the lame Macan commercial

Deep down inside the Macan is just an audi.. q3... i could imagine a lot of the parts being the same, i mean range rover made a while new car here, but i would easily see Porsche just throwing a spare parts bin at it.

Did anyone see the Bentley SUV... what the....

Found these pic's of the new Macan, I think it looks okay so far, still not as good looking as the Evoque

what about the up coming Lamborghini SUV?