View Full Version : First SUV - Evoque?

import_nation
02-01-2012, 06:40 AM
The steadily growing buzz on the most exciting Land Rover vehicle to date has reached a fevered pitch with the launch of the multi-awarded Range Rover Evoque at the Land Rover Activity Centre in Bonifacio Global City.

Recently named “4x4 of the Year” by UK’s 4x4 Magazine and “Car of the Year” by several prestigious organizations including BBC Top Gear and UK AutoExpress New Car Honours, the Range Rover Evoque is the smallest, lightest and most fuel-efficient Range Rover ever produced. So far the landmark Range Rover has picked up a total of 53 accolades across 15 different countries, cruising the globe in its cross-coupe design which has picked up several distinct recognitions including the Design Trophy from l'Automobile in France. Worldwide orders have already passed the 4,000-mark.

“Range Rover Evoque is a new generation of SUV that attracts customers who have not previously considered getting an SUV. However, it stands out from the crowd with its performance and design features that can only be experienced from a premium Land Rover vehicle,” said Mr. Wellington Soong, president and chairman of Land Rover Philiippines (LRPhils) Motors Inc.
Very true. Other SUVs that I've seen on the road that I've also like include the RDX Turbo and the Infiniti FX.

For those who have Evoques and are seriously considering one, is this going to be your first SUV?

lsberrios1
02-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I had a nissan Armada so technically its not my first SUV but it sure is my first crossover. It is a game changer because it includes the off road capability that none of the competition really have. Having driven other CUVs i can also say that none drive like this one except for maybe the x3. I am seriously amazed at its off road capabilities and its on road capabilities.

ryan
02-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I can see why the Evoque would be someone's first SUV, but quite a few people I know that own Evoque's are coming from bigger SUV's. So it seems to be a mix of both, those downsizing/upsizing and totally new SUV owners.

The Evoque wont be my first SUV.

import_nation
02-02-2012, 07:20 AM
I understand the appeal of an SUV. Drove father Nissan Pathfinder for a bit. Great car if you have stuff to bring around. Seats 5. Way better then my 2 seater now in that aspect.