View Full Version : Land Rover to hire 1,000 in attempt to keep up with Evoque demand

TDR
03-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Automakers are always attempting to show how popular their new vehicle is, but there are only two ways to truly prove a smashing hit. One is to deliver outstanding sales numbers, and the other is to experience demand so strong that new employees must be hired to help assemble them.

Land Rover is experiencing just such a success with its sexy new Evoque line, as evidenced by its latest press release. The Tata Motors owned luxury marque announced that it is hiring an additional 1,000 workers at its Halewood plant to bolster production. The facility, which currently builds the Evoque and the Freelander 2 (a.k.a. LR2), will now employ 4,500 workers, or three times the number it did in 2009.

With those new hires, the Halewood plant will now be running at or near full capacity, with three full eight-hour shifts. Hit the jump to read over the Land Rover press release which includes details of some of the positions needed at the plant.

Press Release:
Recruitment campaign begins to fill 1,000 new positions at Halewood on Merseyside.
Additional shifts will support increased production of the Land Rover Freelander and Range Rover Evoque.

Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) today announces the creation of 1,000 new jobs at its Halewood Operations manufacturing facility, near Liverpool in the UK.

The new positions, which will support the on-going significant demand for the Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Freelander 2, take the workforce at Halewood to almost 4,500 - treble the number employed there just three years ago.

Jaguar Land Rover HR Director, Des Thurlby, commented: "These 1,000 new jobs are further evidence of JLR's clear ambition for continued growth. We are moving Halewood to three shifts and 24-hour operation to meet increased global demand for our products."

"JLR's supply chain is also set to benefit, with thousands more jobs expected to be created," he added. "Our commitment to expand the Halewood workforce and increase production is great news for JLR, for Merseyside and for the wider UK economy."

The new jobs recruited at Halewood will include production operators, supervisors and engineers. Reinforcing JLR's commitment to expanding its skills base, all new employees joining the production line will receive training towards an Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship.

Those interested in the new positions at Halewood Operations should visit www.jaguarlandrovercareers.com/halewood for further information.

import_nation
03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
They have already shifted to 24 hour operation of building these Evoques. Really happy for Land Rover. Hopefully this keeps up, and hopefully they keep improving on this model.

TDR
03-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Yup Land Rover is doing pretty good for themselves. The auto industry is starting to pick up again.

lsberrios1
03-15-2012, 11:00 PM
This is awesome. Considering that now every compact suv looks like the evoque I guess they did a good job.

import_nation
03-16-2012, 06:55 AM
We should start to see better stock levels across the country. The extra shifts, workers, hours. All to keep up with the demand.

BTW I never asked you. How do you like your Streetfighter? How long you've had it? Man is that new 1199 nice or what.

lsberrios1
03-16-2012, 08:30 AM
We should start to see better stock levels across the country. The extra shifts, workers, hours. All to keep up with the demand.

BTW I never asked you. How do you like your Streetfighter? How long you've had it? Man is that new 1199 nice or what.

The streetfighter is nice. it has plenty of power, more than I need but its always good having that extra oomph. I never got to fully fall in love with it though (unlike my 848 which I loved to death and ended up killing it in a lefthander). My guess is that the handle bars dont do it for me in a bike that aggressive. I need my clip ons back and just ordered them to see how well they feel on the SF. The 1199 is just in a whole nother level! that thing is a beast I would love to get my hands on one of those but I am waiting till I pay off the SF and get a used 1199 for half the price in less than two years. If you have to choose between 1199 and evoque just jump on the pannigale and never look back!