Ecoboost 2.0l Engine

Ecoboost 2.0l Engine

I read online that the Evoque will use a 2.0L Ecoboost 4-cylinder, dubbed the Si4, which makes 240 horsepower. I am wondering what you guys think of a 4cyl in this vehicle. I have to say I am a bit surprised they didn't go with a v6, but given the relatively small stature of the Evoque, I'm thinking 240 hp will be pretty impressive! Not fast, but quick.

Ecoboost 2.0l Engine

i think the 4-cyl ecoboost engine is good because these days we need cars that are better for the environment, low emissions, performance, looks and in the rough economic time being fuel efficient. Some cars coming out these days DO have the same idea behind it but the manufactures slack on design, however the evoque has it all.

Ecoboost 2.0l Engine

Range Rover has tried to make the Evoque as light as they could possible. This way they wouldnt need a big gas consuming engine inside to get it moving. Its the environmental and economical approach land rover has taken to the market. Thumbs up!

4. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForum.com
    Advertisements

Ecoboost 2.0l Engine

Quote Originally Posted by landrove, post: 732
    Range Rover has tried to make the Evoque as light as they could possible. This way they wouldnt need a big gas consuming engine inside to get it moving. Its the environmental and economical approach land rover has taken to the market. Thumbs up!
    I wonder how heavy that panoramic roof is, after all it's glass. If Range Rover wanted to optimize the Evoque fuel economy numbers, the glass panoramic roof might be better as an option rather than something standard. I bet with no panoramic roof and sunroof there will be a noticeable difference in gas mileage.

Ecoboost 2.0l Engine

I like the idea of a 240 Horsepower, 4 Cylinder, 2.0L engine in the Evoque. Also the Evoque has enough torque to get it going and up to speed. It's a great SUV if you want to drive around in class, have all the features you can ask for and great fuel economy.

I have yet to see what off road capabilities the Evoque has with the 2.0 EcoBoost engine, but not expecting a lot from it.

Ecoboost 2.0l Engine

I believe there is a video where the Range Rover representative states that the 2.0L i4 Evoque is actually quicker then the V6 Range Rover.

Ecoboost 2.0l Engine

The i4 will be a pretty cool engine.... I will reserve judgement until I personally get to test-drive it

Ecoboost 2.0l Engine

Quote Originally Posted by rdlviper, post: 1080
    The i4 will be a pretty cool engine.... I will reserve judgement until I personally get to test-drive it
    I heard the [SIZE=13px]2011 Ford Edge has the same if not similar engine as the Range Rover Evoque 2.0 i4, if this is true I just might step into my local Ford dealership to get an early look at the engine our Evoque's might end up getting. [/SIZE]

At first I was very skeptical of LR using any variation of a 4-banger, but after driving it for about 2 months. It's great! surprisingly smooth and peppy with great usable torque throughout. Down and up shifts using the paddles are quick and responsive. I get about 22mpg with 60/40 combined hwy/city. The only complain about the motor, is noticeable tapping noise from the cylinder head that is barely heard within the cabin. I will have that looked at in a couple of weeks when they have another Evoque in the showroom.

The key here is that Range Rover kept the weight down on the Evoque could you imagine the LR2 running this 4 cylinder? They kept the weight down on the Evoque by using many manufacturing techniques and lightweight materials. There is a video on it somewhere.

The LR2 is a 3.2 liter, 230-horsepower, inline six-cylinder engine. Where as the Evoque squeezes 240 horsepower and 251 pound-feet of torque out of a 2.0L 4 Cylinder thanks to the TURBOCHARGER. The Evoque has good potential to make more power. I can already sense that ECU chips are going to come out that increase the turbo boost pressure or upgrade kits that add a larger turbocharger and maybe a larger wastegate along with a front mount intercooler that'll allow some pretty powerful Evoques.