Should I buy a Land Rover Evoque with 19 or 20 inch wheels?

Should I buy a Land Rover Evoque with 19 or 20 inch wheels?

Here's an article talking about having 19's or 20's on the Evoque. What would you choose?

What are the pros and cons of 19- versus 20-inch wheels on a new Land Rover Evoque? Also, is the Evoque as safe as a Lexus RX 400h?

The optional 245/45VR20 performance tires are likely to give the Evoque slightly crisper handling ability but also increase ride harshness and noise levels because of the wider, more aggressive tread design. They also will cost more to replace than the standard 235/55VR19 tires. Bottom line: You may not derive any real benefit from them.

The safety of the Evoque, which is new for 2012, is yet to be determined, both in crash tests and in real-world driving. Neither the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety nor the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has released crash-test results for the Evoque. Although such tests are often good indicators of how well a vehicle protects occupants, statistics from accidents that involve people instead of instrumented dummies may tell a different story, and it will be at least a few years before meaningful real-world data are available on the Evoque.

The RX 400h, on the other hand, has a well-documented safety record. It received a composite safety rating of four out of five stars from NHTSA and is an IIHS Top Safety Pick. NHTSA gave the RX four stars for rollover resistance, which is common among SUVs because that is a static test that relies partly on a vehicle's center of gravity, typically higher in an SUV than a car.

Moreover, IIHS ranks the RX 400h as having among the lowest death rates among all vehicles based on real-world data. IIHS notes that real-world data are not only a result of a vehicle's size, design and safety features but also how it is driven and by whom.

It seems to me like it is more of an aesthetic thing than practical or functional. I honestly dig how they look and if you are concerned about bending one or hitting it against the curb I wouldnt worry about it. I have the 19" Pure wheels and I already hit a kurb so I would guess there is not much of a difference there. Now that I read this I am glad i didnt go with the 20". I sure like them but wouldnt sacrifice that amount of practicality for looks only and little performance gain where is doesnt really count.

The evoque is still a RR and it should be quiet, comfortable and able to climb mountains and yet this one does all that and manages to be a good drive in the road even with the 19". I believe that those 20" defeat the purpose.

I got the style 7 20s and I love them. It was the major thing I wanted in the overall package.

4. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForum.com
    Advertisements

I think it depends on what model you get? And also don't forget it's up to you in the end. Since they all come standard with 19's so the ride won't really be any different if you add an inch with the 20's. I have a Dynamic Model and I like the 5 spokes that it came with, but the standard 19's on the other more base models aren't very impressive at all, in my opinion. I do like the 20" option wheels but for $2,000-$2,500 more I think you can find a better set of aftermarket 20's when they start coming out with more and more. I'm keeping the 5 spoke 19's on mine for now until I find the "just right" 20+ inch wheels for summer cruising and looks, ya know?

Pull the trigger and get one of these fantastic machines, and I'd opt out of the 20's until aftermarket companies start making nicer ones, and it shouldn't be long considering how hot these cars are right now and all the great publicity, so you won't be waiting as long for those companies to make new wheels and etc. But it's all up to you and your taste and how much you wanna spend on the car.

FYI I also was looking at the competition in the Compact-Lux SUV market and all their base prices are lower but once you start adding the options up to what the Evoque has most were in the same ballpark or higher in price. I love this ride and it's surprisingly roomy and spacious inside, not to mention much more luxurious than the competition. Worth every penny, no regrets, and I was car hunting for a long ass time too. Just wanted to give you a thorough review and opinion sorry if I rambled. hahahaha. Let me know what you decide on. Good luck

I think it looks better with 20" rims. But of course 20s cost more so it depends on your budget.