low rmp at acceleration

low rmp at acceleration

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this weird problem where it feels like the rmps are too low for the gear at times. When I accelerate at points it feels like im driving a manual and Im in 5th when I should be in 3rd or 4th. If I have it in S it drives like a champ but D really doesnt impress me at times.

Yes I know what you are saying. Sometimes it falls to 1500 RPM or so and it feels like it not moving and starts vibrating like it needs to downshift. ive noticed that a lot of times but when that happens all you have to do is push the gas and it downshifts quicker.
    Current toys:

white RR Evoque Pure Premium
    white Ducati Streetfighter
    white Fiat 500 (fiancee's)

thanks, Im not crazy! lol. Its kind of stupid though. I almost wanted to take it in and tell them they need to adjust the rmp shift points if they can bc it feels like it would be something wrong in the programming.

4. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForum.com
    Advertisements

that is part of having to use a turbo on a small engine. At the same time that it can cruise at such low rpms is what gives you good MPGs on the highway
    Current toys:

white RR Evoque Pure Premium
    white Ducati Streetfighter
    white Fiat 500 (fiancee's)

I have what looks like the same issue, except the noise turns into a vibration that goes right to the steering wheel. We are not alone. The following comment comes from another Forum, not sure which one since I have been looking at a few different ones to see where I will join. I saved this post so that I can show it to my dealer along with this forums post with what seems like a more common problem.

Forum post-
    I stopped by the dealer this morning and had one of the techs hear it again. He knew right away what it was as he said all the PTI Evoques he's driven has the same vibration/humming noise coming from the transmission tunnel. He said it's most likely when the torque converter locks up is when the noise is occuring. He says there is nothing wrong with it although it's only the Evoque's he tested has this noise. He also mention maybe call or email Land Rover and let them know so hopefully there will be a fix. Again.....there is nothing wrong but it's still not right to have this vibration for a $50k-$60k+ vehicle. I'll probably call Land Rover and let them know. Possibly those who have this vibration/humming noise do the same so they will do something about it.
    2013 Pure premium-Silver with custom black accents-Panoramic roof with black sides-
    Montreal Canada

Looks like I have some good news for anyone that has a vibration\humming noise when the engine is running at around 12-1,400 RPM. I had a scheduled appointment for another non related issue at my dealer in Montreal, Jaguar Laval.

He showed me where he gets the recall notices on the Web, and we went through about 50 different potential issues, all very minor annoyances, should they occur. He found one recall notice named "ENGINE CONTROL MODULE REFLASH # Q237) for the Evoque.

The software Re-flash was done in 15 min. So far it eliminated the vibration\humming noise. Its as if a new transmission\engine was put into the Evoque.

Contact your dealer and get this software upgrade done, and within 15 min, It will seem as if you have a new Evoque!
    2013 Pure premium-Silver with custom black accents-Panoramic roof with black sides-
    Montreal Canada