Had to take her in for service.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arrivalanche View Post
    I was wondering how the rest of your rear vents are working for heat. I am taking it back in tomorrow but id like some ammo to use when I drop it off. Your feedback would help a lot.
    I don't own a Evoque yet but I have friends that are Evoque owners, few have complained about the issue of no heat. Looks like the Evoque will be due for a recall sometime soon.
    Even people on other forums are complaining, it seems to be like a common issue.

So I took it back in today and went over the issue with a service guy that was a little higher up the chain. He said thats obviously an issue. I told him I wont be picking up the car until its fixed and he said ok. I mentioned that other owners were saying that they had the same issue and he told me that he would be calling the headquarters to bring up the issue. We both agreed that with this being a new line it would likely have issues. What id like to ask you guys is that if you have the same problem will you please bring this issue up with your dealership? Maybe this way they will have a recall and not make the people that take it in seem like they are crazy.

I got it back today. The service guy called land rover and got the diagrams of the heating and cooling system for the truck and found that the center console isn't supposed to blow heat. The heat is only meant to come from the floor vents from what he says. Sounds stupid as hell but whatever. The sagging carpet where the dead pedal should be is a known issue but land rover had now solution other than adding padding under the carpet to support it. Like I said, it's all known issues so I think if you mention it enough to the dealerships land rover will be forced to do something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForum.com
    Advertisements

I got it back today. The service guy called land rover and got the diagrams of the heating and cooling system for the truck and found that the center console isn't supposed to blow heat. The heat is only meant to come from the floor vents from what he says. Sounds stupid as hell but whatever. The sagging carpet where the dead pedal should be is a known issue but land rover had now solution other than adding padding under the carpet to support it. Like I said, it's all known issues so I think if you mention it enough to the dealerships land rover will be forced to do something.
    weird, very weird. usually all vents on a car blow hot/cold air. first time im hearing of this. Any idea if Range Rover/Land Rover did this with it's past and current models?

As more Evoque's make it out to their owners this problem should be more of a concern to RR.

I would think so too. Seems more like a flaw that they are simply making an excuse for. I would hope they correct it soon.

Why shouldn't the center console blow hot air? All the cars I've been in have heat coming to the back. Is it like this for other Range Rovers as well?

WHAt? that is extremely weird... the middle vents arnt supposed to blow heat.. that is the weirdest thing i have ever herd..

I would think so too. Seems more like a flaw that they are simply making an excuse for. I would hope they correct it soon.
    Any update?

I wouldn't let this issue go on for too long, it's not something you expect to go through being an owner of a brand new Range Rover.

That was the update. It was ended with "there's nothing we can do because that's how it's supposed to be.". I think it's stupid as hell but what am I going to do at this point, have them take the car back?

When the Evoque originally came out the rear vents were an option. Designed to blow cold air only. Under your front seats are your rear heat vents. I have a 2013 Dynamic, blows cold.