Had to take her in for service..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Had to take her in for service..

Well I finally decided to take her in for waranty work. Here is my laundry list of issues and results.

1. Rear hatch button wont close the door about 60% of the time.(replaced button)
    2. Locking with handle doesnt work very well (no solution)
    3. Rear vents only blow cold air (told it works fine )
    4. Too low of RPM some times when I accelerate (no errors in computer so no solution)
    5. I stepped on dead pedal area and carpet pulled away from door sill plastic and left a big gap that I can stick my fingers in. (told that they didnt see anything wrong with it )

I also found out that there is a recall on the radio receiver, Im guessing fm signal amplifier but I didnt really ask because I dont even listen to the radio. Either way they replaced that too.

They did give me a brand new LR4 as a loaner with 30 miles on it and all I have to say is its definitively not a Range Rover. Lots of cheap plastic and smaller screen in dash. I prefer my Evoque any day.

I pick up my Evoque tomorrow so Ill update if anything changes but I kinda wish they made a little more effort to make sure things were fixed.

So after getting it back the back still blows cold air only and the carpet is still messed up. They basically told me there was nothing they could do about it. Kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by arrivalanche View Post
    So after getting it back the back still blows cold air only and the carpet is still messed up. They basically told me there was nothing they could do about it. Kinda lame.
    You gotta be kidding me. If they can't solve the problem how about they give you an Evoque exactly like what you had, this time with no problems and they could deal with the problem. From the sounds of it seems like you were being really patient and easy going with them. You should try speaking with the Service Manager, im pretty sure they can fix he cold air and carpet issue, how hard can that be?

Keep bugging them, get the problems fixed and update us

4. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForum.com
    Advertisements

That seems to be some crappy service, how they just claim that they see nothing wrong with it..

But yeah keep bugging them and see if they can simulate the problem on another car, or if another car has the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RREVO View Post
    That seems to be some crappy service, how they just claim that they see nothing wrong with it..

But yeah keep bugging them and see if they can simulate the problem on another car, or if another car has the same issue.
    I tried this before most dealerships wont even bother with ya, they all think they know everything and wont bother waiting for a problem to happen rather have you bring it in with the problem.

I believe that I talked to the head service guy. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about but then again Im a nice guy and dont usually like to argue with people. I took it home and last night had a chance to mess with the rear air and found out what the situation is. My problem is that it only blows cold. His response was that he tested it with a temp probe and the air coming out of the rear vent was within 2 deg different from the front vents and told me that there was no way that it could be different bc it was a T off of the front air and was not an independent system (understandable). So yesterday it was cold and I turned on the heat. Nothing from the rear vents at all... Turned it to about 70 deg and you feel some pressure coming out. Turn it colder and the pressure gets much higher. Either way, this is cold air only.

As for the carpet, I know its bs but its easier to just fix it myself and avoid the back and forth with him.

Quote Originally Posted by arrivalanche View Post
    I believe that I talked to the head service guy. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about but then again Im a nice guy and dont usually like to argue with people. I took it home and last night had a chance to mess with the rear air and found out what the situation is. My problem is that it only blows cold. His response was that he tested it with a temp probe and the air coming out of the rear vent was within 2 deg different from the front vents and told me that there was no way that it could be different bc it was a T off of the front air and was not an independent system (understandable). So yesterday it was cold and I turned on the heat. Nothing from the rear vents at all... Turned it to about 70 deg and you feel some pressure coming out. Turn it colder and the pressure gets much higher. Either way, this is cold air only.

As for the carpet, I know its bs but its easier to just fix it myself and avoid the back and forth with him.
    I bet it's the heater core that's bad, maybe a fuse or something along those lines.

Carpet... doing it yourself is well worth it, after all it is carpet, how hard can that be to adjust properly!

Just remove the door sill trim. It should just pull off. There are clips there that hold the carpet in. It most likely slipped off. Pretty sad that they didnt fix it.

I'd get the rear vent issues fixed. That is not normal..

As for the hatch button and handle.. Wonder if thats a known problem.. Sounds like electrical problems..

Quote Originally Posted by import_nation View Post
    Just remove the door sill trim. It should just pull off. There are clips there that hold the carpet in. It most likely slipped off. Pretty sad that they didnt fix it.

I'd get the rear vent issues fixed. That is not normal..

As for the hatch button and handle.. Wonder if thats a known problem.. Sounds like electrical problems..
    Thats what I thought too, but I have read other people having the same issue so I know its not just mine.

As for the hatch, he replaced the button and its been working perfect since.

I was wondering how the rest of your rear vents are working for heat. I am taking it back in tomorrow but id like some ammo to use when I drop it off. Your feedback would help a lot.