Geneva 2012: Range Rover Evoque Convertible Is Vulgarity In Tangible Form - TTAC

Geneva 2012: Range Rover Evoque Convertible Is Vulgarity In Tangible Form - TTAC

In 1998, Britney Spears launched a thousand ephebophilc ships with her seminal work – the music video for “Hit Me Baby One More Time“. Featured in the video was a Land Rover Defender – the only reason I know this is because I wasn’t interested in girls when the song came out. Now that I’m much older, I can understand the hidden subtext; Land Rover needs another ragtop SUV!

Although officially termed a “design study”, the Evoque looks production ready, and by that we mean “ready to show up in the driveways of female hedge fund scions celebrating their 16th birthdays”. The red interior is particularly vulgar, which is fitting – the Evoque shares common ancestry with the Ford Mondeo, and this car’s target customer is also newly adorned in luxury trimmings despite their provincial roots. A match made in heaven, if you ask me.

Source: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...tangible-form/

Far better than Nissan's attempt and now that I see real life pictures of the Evoque convertible Im liking it much more. I would like to see one of these modified with the Hamann widebody kit, lowered and on some 22's!

Haha, I could see the modd community hopping on this one. Some big chrome rims would looks badass.

4. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForum.com
    Advertisements

I know a guy that did a hand made Mercedes glk convertible and it looked nuts! Everything was custom and I'm sure the evoque would be a great candidate.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/gallery...sema-design/2/
    Last edited by arrivalanche; 03-08-2012 at 01:05 AM.

The convertible was on of the most talked about items at the Geneva show. Its definately not something you see everday. A SUV convertible. When nissan unveiled their murano cabriolet it caused quite a stir. Mostly in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by arrivalanche View Post
    I know a guy that did a hand made Mercedes glk convertible and it looked nuts! Everything was custom and I'm sure the evoque would be a great candidate.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/gallery...sema-design/2/
    As a custom car for a specific person which It is for, is cool by all means but for pass production, I don't know...

its cool and all.. but in a real world situation that is not going to happen..

They havent decided to make it yet have they? It's just a concept?

i really hope this stays as a concept...

I can see a market for this depending on the area like the west coast. As long as they keep production limited, it could be pretty successful.