Should Range Rover build the Evoque Convertible/Cabriolet?

View Poll Results: Should Range Rover build the Evoque Convertible/Cabriolet?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • No

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Should Range Rover build the Evoque Convertible/Cabriolet?

What do you guys think about Range Rover Evoque convertible? Should they build it? Will there be a big enough market for a luxury convertible SUV? Almost seems like a big gamble.

I can't see a huge market for the convertible, other than places like Cali. But all the buzz seems to pretty positive.

The market will be very very small people will like it but its un-practical compared to the roof version.

4. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForum.com
    Advertisements

I say nah

Land Rover Asks if it Should Build the Range Rover Evoque Convertible. What Sayeth You?
    All the spotlights at Land Rover's Geneva Motor Show stand are pointing towards the Range Rover Evoque Convertible Concept, which made its official debut today.

Based on the three-door version of the production Evoque, the study features a fully retractable soft-top with a roll-over protection system and seating for four passengers.

During the presentation of the prototype in Geneva, Land Rover Design Director, Gerry McGovern, said: "We believe that the Evoque lends itself beautifully to the idea of a convertible. From a pure design perspective, we have used Evoque's dramatic shape to create a distinctive and highly desirable proposition."

Land Rover admits that while there are no current plans to put the Evoque convertible into production, it will be gauging reaction to the concept and "listening carefully to feedback".

If it were to be built, it would be offered in both front- and all-wheel drive flavors and share the same range of gasoline and diesel engines with the rest of the Evoque family.

So what do you say; should Land Rover bring this concept to life or should it leave to rest in peace at its museum after it ends its motor show appearances? Have your say in the comments section below.

Im for and against the idea, for sure there will be people who want it but not a lot. I think they should put it into production but on a special order type of thing. Would that be worth while for Range Rover and the consumer?

I mean yeah its cool, but people will be interested but i don think enough people will buy it for them a turn a profit on this car to be honest.

If there is a market for it why not. More money for them. More money to make cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Range_evoque View Post
    I mean yeah its cool, but people will be interested but i don think enough people will buy it for them a turn a profit on this car to be honest.
    This is what happens sometimes. Maybach wasn't making any money off of their vehicles, I think they lost about $100 000 for every Maybach sold. With the Evoque convertible I'm almost 100% sure Range Rover will lose money. Depending on how serious Range Rover is about convertible SUV's, losing money on it now could pay off later.

Why make it at all then. Is a convertible SUV market really going to boom anytime soon?